We are thrilled to launch a three year partnership with LV= General Insurance. Their support will enable us to be there for even more families who are struggling across the UK.
To launch our partnership, we have produced a joint research report around the Five Pillars of Family Resilience.
Our research has shown that over the past year families have been facing a wide range of pressures that are affecting their resilience, including:
- One in five parents have experienced financial difficulties during the pandemic, with over one in four expecting their personal finances to get worse over the next year
- Two in five parents say their mental health and wellbeing is worse than a year ago, with a third feeling less confident
- One in 10 – around two million – feel less effective as a parent as a result and 16% say their relationship with their partner has deteriorated
We know every family is likely to face pressures from time to time, but these can get bigger and become overwhelming if we don’t talk about them, and this has been made worse by Covid-19. However, what matters most is how we deal with those pressures, not that these exist in the first place.
We are supporting LV=’s Heart to Heart Campaign to encourage their customers, staff and families across the country to talk about their family pressures.
FamilyLine supported by LV=
To ensure we are there for families when they need us, LV= will be supporting FamilyLine, our free, national helpline service which provides support and guidance to adult family members via telephone, text message, web chat or email.
Over the next three years, LV= are supporting FamilyLine in three ways:
- A financial donation to secure the continuation of the FamilyLine service and growth of new services
- Volunteering opportunities for their people to sign up as a FamilyLine volunteer, befriender or mentor
- Fundraising events for their people, as well as charity matching the money raised
Thousands of families are experiencing poverty, disadvantage and social isolation across the country, and our work is not possible without the generosity of supporters.
Volunteering with FamilyLine can make a huge difference to the lives of families, by offering emotional support and guidance. We rely on a network of amazing volunteers to grow our services and support even more families.