The National School Breakfast Programme (NSBP) is funded by the Department for Education and delivered by Family Action to support schools in England to provide children with a healthy breakfast at the start of the school day.
Family Action is committed to supporting child development, and we believe a healthy school breakfast, without barrier or stigma, can set up children to succeed and give them the very best chance to learn.
About the programme
Building on the success of the National School Breakfast Programme, Family Action can offer 2500 schools a place on the new National School Breakfast Programme. The programme will run from July 2021 to July 2023, providing schools with up to 2 years of support to run a successful and affordable school breakfast provision. The offer is available to all schools that have 50% or more children in IDACI bands A-F.
The National School Breakfast Programme will provide:
- Up to two terms of healthy free food delivered to your school from September 2021 to March 2022.
- Schools will then receive up to four terms of subsidised food, and will be asked to contribute just 25% towards the supply and delivery of breakfast food from April 2022 to July 2023.
- A knowledgeable school support team, will be on hand to provide remote advice and support to help you get the most from your breakfast provision.
- Good practice sharing opportunities, resources and the opportunity to learn from a national network of schools.
- The opportunity to enhance parental engagement on healthy eating and the importance of having a nutritious breakfast each morning.
Family Action will work with schools to…
- Identify and target children who would benefit most from a regular, free healthy breakfast, so that they and their families feel able to access the support, without barriers or stigma.
- Share the compelling evidence and research that supports why it is so important for children to have free access to a nutritious breakfast at the start of every school day.
The National School Breakfast Programme was hugely popular, so to avoid disappointment please complete the Expression of Interest form.
We will then process your expression of interest and one of our School Coordinators will be in touch to talk you through the Programme and the next steps.
If you need help please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 39287228.
Please note the best way to get more information on the programme is to complete the Expression of Interest form and a member of our team will be in touch.