Change4Life workforce training is available to staff working with children, young people and families in Kensington and Chelsea and Westminster. The training aims to support staff to create happy and healthy settings in which children and young people can live, learn and play. Click here to download the Change4Life Service leaflet.
The following training is available:
• Change4Life Active Play and Sleep
• Change4Life Healthy Eating and Nutrition
• Change4Life Oral Health and Sugar Smart
There will be three versions of each course:
1. One for staff working with children under 5 years or with families who have children under 5 years.
2. Another for staff working with children aged 5-11 years old or with families who have children aged 5-11 years.
3. Lastly, one for staff working with children and young people aged 12-18 years old or with families who have children aged 12-18 years.
Click here for a list of our upcoming training dates and booking information, or if you would like to book an in-house or virtual training session for your staff team please contact: Change4LifeTraining@healtheducationpartnership.com.
Nutrition and Physical Activity Advice
The Change4Life Nutrition and Physical Activity Advice Service offers free specialist advice and guidance to staff working with children, young people and families in Kensington and Chelsea and Westminster.
The service can support you to:
• Review food provision and help plan menus to support healthy eating and catering practices in school, community, and business settings
• Develop and implement food policies that adhere to national guidelines and standards
• Support businesses to stock and promote healthy products
• Create an active environment, including suggestions for playgrounds and classrooms
• Provide more physically active break times, lunch times and after-school provision
• Develop a physically active curriculum
To access this service and find out how we can support you and your team please contact: Change4LifeAdvice@healtheducationpartnership.com.
Change4Life Award Scheme
The Change4Life Award scheme is available for organisations working with children, young people and families in Kensington and Chelsea and Westminster. The aim of the award scheme is to support organisations to review their provision and take positive action to promote healthy eating and physical activity. To achieve an award, organisations will need to demonstrate that they meet a set of criteria and model key Change4Life behaviours.
Organisations taking part will receive free support including:
• Bespoke training
• One-to-one support to complete applications
• Support to review and plan food provision
For more information please contact: Change4LifeAward@healtheducationpartnership.com.
Health Promotion Outreach Service
The Change4Life Health Promotion Outreach Service provides free educational workshops for children and families in school and community settings in Kensington and Chelsea and Westminster. The service can offer workshops to schools and community settings on key nutrition and physical activity topics including:
• Parent and family workshops
• Pop up information stalls
To access this service and find out how we can support you and your team please contact: Change4LifeWorkshop@healtheducationpartnership.com.