We’re looking for volunteers to support our FOOD Clubs across the country in a wide variety of ways (packing food bags, serving customers, dealing with food deliveries, administration, marketing etc). Here an experienced volunteer explains how she got involved in volunteering for FOOD Club and the varied nature of her role.
Why volunteer with FOOD Club?
All FOOD Club volunteers receive a wide range of benefits, such as free training (e.g. food hygiene, LifeSkills), as well as a DBS, work experience and a reference from a national charity.
In a recent survey volunteers told us they value the following:
- positive effect on my wellbeing
- meeting other FOOD Club staff/volunteers – read how speaking to people at FOOD Club has helped to build one volunteer’s confidence
- feeling valued and part of a team
- helping the environment
- increasing my confidence – read about Karen’s passion for volunteering at FOOD Club
- gaining new skills
- giving something back (e.g. having been a FOOD Club member previously)
- improving my employment prospects – find out how volunteering has helped one young person in the Midlands by providing work experience.
Videos and blogs
- Watch a short video about FOOD Clubs to find out more about the scheme.
- Visit Family Action’s Our Voices webpages to read about our amazing volunteers.
- Watch a clip showing an example task a volunteer might get involved in – putting together a food box.
For more information on volunteering, and how to get involved, please email [email protected]