Impartial Support Advice and Information on Special Educational Needs and Disability
What we do
We provide Impartial Support Advice and Information on Special Educational Needs and Disability, for parents/carers and children and young people aged up to 25, who live in the London Borough of Islington.
- Advice, information and support on education, health and social care issues.
- Support for parents/ carers and children/young people to express their views and wishes.
- Support at meetings with schools and the Local Authority.
- Help to complete SEN and disability related paperwork.
- Support around the EHC plan process.
- Signposting to other services.
Who we are
Our team consists of:
- A project manager (Sarah)
- 4 SEND Support Workers (Cora, Bernie, Emma and Eamani)
- A Community Engagement and Group Worker (Anna)
- A Community Engagement Assistant (Eamani)
- An Administrative Assistant (Chahna)
Islington SEND Community Support Service
The Northern Medical Centre
580 Holloway Road
Telephone: 020 3031 6651 or 020 3031 6652
Download our impartiality policy.
Useful links and contacts
Islington Council’s Local Offer which sets out the services and support available in Islington for children and young people under the age of 25 with special educational needs and those who are disabled.
Council for Disabled Children
National Children’s Bureau
8 Wakley Street
Telephone: 0207 843 1900
Family Information Service
Laycock Street Professional Development Centre
London N1 1TH
Telephone: 020 7527 5959