Campaigns and influencing
With a wealth of experience, working directly to support vulnerable people in local communities, Family Action recognises the real problems that those experiencing poverty, disadvantage or social isolation can face. By speaking to the families we support and ensuring they are listened to, we have a unique understanding of the issues that impact their daily lives.
With this extensive knowledge we are able to give the most vulnerable people a voice, challenging politicians, society’s leaders and ourselves to take responsibility and recognise the real-life experiences of those who need support in order to improve their lives and build stronger futures.
Family Action’s campaigns and influencing team responds to government consultations, initiatives and legislation, meeting with key decision makers, commissioners and policy makers, to advise and campaign locally and nationally on the real issues facing vulnerable families in England.
Find out more about our recent influencing work:
- Labour Party SEND Provision Review – July 2016
- DfE Children and Young People’s Mental Health – Peer Support March 2016
- DfE Wraparound Childcare Consultation February 2016
- All Party Parliamentary Group on Children’s Centres Call for Evidence January 2016
- Work and Pensions Committee Local Welfare Inquiry November 2015