Provides specialist information, advice and support for Young Carers, families and practitioners to improve the wellbeing of Young Carers in Leeds.
How it works
We have three main elements to our Young Carers service:
- We offer Advice and Information to professionals, young carers and their families, via a range of methods including social media, activities, group work, networking, accessing and signposting to external agencies for young carers and families to gain additional support.
- We offer Targeted Support via 1-2-1 work and group work in schools, community venues and home.
- Awareness Raising, building strong working links with schools, colleges, GP’s, Health services, Youth workers, Housing and other services to help in the identification of Young Carers and the support that is available to them in their local community.
Our key objective of the service is to support Leeds Local Authority and Leeds CCG in reaching out to identify Young Carers and their families that may be hidden within local communities, reduce levels of inappropriate caring and ensure Young Carers have a voice and influence.
Get in touch
You can contact us by the following:
Tel: 0113 733 9126
Current offer: We are working with our commissioners to explore ways that our service can support the children and young people’s workforce in Leeds (during this lockdown and social distancing period due to COVID-19)
- Visit our Young Carers webpage to hear about the experiences of a young carer, and to find out about other Family Action Young Carers services.
- Find out what a young carer is, ways a young carer can care for themselves, links to support available, etc on the MindMate website